In order for us to paint the perfect picture, we need to know what our canvas looks like.
In other words, when we are making selections for your space, it is crucial that we know your room measurements so that our pieces fit properly. Prior to your virtual consultation, we ask that you please review the information below for guidance on how to measure.WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Measuring Tape
- Some Blank Paper (letter size will do)
- A Pencil
- A Smartphone (to take clear photos)
TIPS FOR ACCURATE MEASUREMENTS
- We find it better to measure when you have a buddy! Sometimes, you just need an extra hand for those longer walls.
- Make sure the measuring tape is flat against the wall.
MEASURE YOUR SPACE
- Start by sketching a rough outline of your room. Try to include doors, windows, and the direction in which they open. Measure the length of each wall (A, B, C, D), then include measurements of windows and openings (A1, A2, A3, etc.).
- Next, you will measure the heights (A) and widths (B) of your doors & windows, following with the height from the floor to the bottom of your windows sills (C). If possible, please include your ceiling height (D).
ADDITIONAL MEASUREMENTS YOU'LL NEED
- Measure doorway and elevator opening heights (A) and widths (B).
- Measure the clearance from the inside walls to the outside walls (C).
- Plan out the pathway to get the piece from outside into the desired room.
- Make note of hanging fixtures, other obstacles that may interfere with getting the piece into your home or building.
HOW TO TAKE CLEAR PHOTOS OF YOUR SPACE
If we're helping you select pieces for your space, more is better when it comes to photos. In order to capture the room, take a shot from every corner. Full shots of each wall come next. We would also like some overall shots to get a sense of the space.