INTERMEDIATE INTERIOR DECORATOR
West of Main, Ottawa Ontario
We are looking for an Intermediate Interior Decorator with renovation experience and an eye for interior decor to work with our Full-Service and Hourly clients under the direction of our Principal Designer Sascha Lafleur.
We are looking for a talented, hardworking individual with a passion for decor & design that is expressed through every element of their lifestyle. You will assist in the full lifecycle of the decor process from client correspondence to material and merchandising selections to logistics management and project load-ins.
What we'd like to see
- Interior Decorating or Design Degree or Diploma
- 3-4 years of interior decorating experience
- Previous renovation experience in as asset
- Assists with photoshoots and preparation for WOM portfolio and social media content
- A solid understanding of Adobe Photoshop, and AutoCAD
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Strong communication skills and experience consulting directly with clients
- The confidence and skills to communicate your ideas clearly
- Strong leadership ability and self-motivation
- Being actively involved within the firm to promote our culture and engage positively with all staff
- Being a highly motivated individual who works well independently and as a team player
- A great attitude - Up to do whatever it takes to get quality results to meet our firm and clients expectations
- Ability to prioritize and maintain a high level of accuracy doing multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, ability to make timely decisions, anticipate issues and provide creative solutions
- Ability to create long-lasting relationships with clients & suppliers
- Ability to drive and support merchandise sales
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist with the buying and sourcing process of products, such as preparing and sending purchase orders, invoices and managing inventory levels
- Accept and quality check goods
- Manage and maintain a clean and organized warehouse
- Ability to lift and mobilize large items, up to 50 lbs. while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques
- Some evenings and weekends may be required
- This is a full-time position and we’re looking for around 44 hr/week minimum commitment.
- Typical hours are 9-5:30. We are looking for someone who is dedicated to do what it takes to get the job done, which may require working outside of 9-5:30.
This position requires a team-player who can to take on many roles and takes the initiative to get things done wherever needed. Our business is complex and takes our team in many different directions every day, so you will need to be very flexible and champion any challenges that come your way.
We’re excited to teach you more if you’re ready to expand your already proven knowledge.
If you have the required background and would like to join our growing team, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter letting us know why you want to work at West of Main
We thank you for your interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.