RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE
West of Main Shoppe is growing! We’re looking for a positive, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial-spirited individual to join our team!
West of Main Shoppe is a curator of design and lifestyle. We aim to create emotional connections with customers through our high quality products, inspiring designs, and a unique store experience.
We are inspired by a love of design, travel, fresh thinking and the belief that design has the power to positively affect how we feel.
As a Retail Sales Assistant at West of Main Shoppe you will be responsible for the following:
- Work in the showroom to maintain a clean, stocked and organized selling floor
- Accurately process customer sales
- Style and organize the showroom in a way that supports merchandise sales
- Assist with the buying and sourcing process of products, such as preparing and sending purchase orders, invoices and managing inventory levels
- Communicate and maintain a strong relationship with vendors and suppliers to ensure that orders are processed in a timely manner
- Accept and quality check goods
- Manage and maintain a clean and organized warehouse
- Ability to lift and mobilize large items, up to 50 lbs. while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques
- Generate, edit and publish creative and engaging content for social media
- General administrative work
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- A positive, enthusiastic, and outgoing individual who thrives in a team setting
- Strong knowledge and passion for business development - we want someone that has an entrepreneurial mindset and that wants to help our business grow!
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrates self-motivation and initiative
- Ability to prioritize and maintain a high level of accuracy doing multiple tasks in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to make timely decisions, anticipate issues and provide creative solutions
- Rigorous attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to create long-lasting relationships with clients & suppliers
- Ability to drive and support merchandise sales
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of design and style, including trends and trend leaders
- Ability to create and deliver original and creative content
- Demonstrates strong computer skills, including proficiency in:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google Drive/G-suites/Google Docs.
- Various social media platforms, such as instagram, facebook, twitter, etc.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS – EDUCATION/LICENSING/CERTIFICATION
- 1+ years of full-time experience in retail sales
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS AND ASSETS
- Background in business, marketing and development is preferred
- Background in decor, styling or interior design is an asset
- 1 + years of buying experience
- Knowledge of online marketing channels is an asset
- G Drivers License
- Your own vehicle
- Full-time employment position 40 hours per week
- Overtime may be required in special circumstances
If you have the required background and would like to join our growing firm, please submit your cover letter, resume and link to instagram to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your interest in our firm. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.